The Play Space has a fully setup and populated FIRST Tech Challenge Relic Recovery field available for team use as a practice facility during specific, limit, and managed hours.
There are several rules designed to keep the usage manageable and safe:
- All teams must be registered
- No power tools are allowed
- Teams that “no-show” a reserved time-slot may be denied future usage
- All teams must have adult (post-college) supervision at all times
- Teams must cleanup and depart by the scheduled end of the session
- No student may be dropped off without a team adult mentor present
- Teams are responsible for hauling out any/all trash generated while practicing
- Teams are responsible for any/all damage to field, game elements or other Playing At Learning equipment
- Teams agree to share equitably with all other FIRST Tech Challenge teams present
- Horseplay will result in the team being asked to pack up and leave.
The practice field is located in The Play Space, Playing At Learning’s building in San Jose.
The address is:
The Play Space
2215 Oakland Rd, Suite B
San Jose, CA 95131
Currently, the practice field is only available:
- Tuesday 6:00pm to 7:45pm
- Friday 7:00pm to 9:30pm
This schedule is subject to change and any individual session is subject to cancellation based on building and/or host availability
Teams wishing to use the practice field need to:
- Register with Playing At Learning by completing the FIRST Team Practice Registration Form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete a FIRST Team Practice Liability Waiver for each member of the team (students and mentors). Completed forms should be brought to the initial practice session attended by the team.
- Register for a particular session via a simple online form found in the calendar entries below